What if I told you that you could put an ICE Contact on your Samsung Galaxy with everything it needs to have in it to save your life, in 2 MINUTES FLAT?
Would you grab your phone and go for it? Of course you would! In fact, even if you already have an ICE Contact on your smartphone, I guarantee that you’re probably missing a few key things.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your phone and let’s get started!
1. Put the word ICE, all capitals, in the First Name field.
2. Put your ICE Contact’s first and last name in the Last Name field.
3. Type in all of your contact’s phone numbers. EVERY one that you have for them
4. Type in all of your contact’s email addresses — again, every last one.
5. Type in all of your contact’s social media handles/user names in the website section of your contact. You never know what will be working in an emergency. Many people have reached loved ones on Facebook and Twitter, when cell phone and landline service was down.
6. If you don’t have a field for Relationship, add one by adding new field and choosing the one called, oddly enough, Relationship. Then choose or enter the way that this contact is related to you.
7. Your own allergies, medications and medical history go in the notes section. Even better capitalize the words ALLERGIES, MEDICATIONS etc to ensure that they’re seen.
8. You can also add your physician’s names and phone numbers in the notes section and if you like, a link to your own medical history form. If you don’t have one, you can borrow one of ours.
9. Is your contact in different locations on different days? Add that in the notes section as well.
10. Instead of their photo, add an ICE Contact Graphic to the contact to make it stand out. Here are a few to choose from.
11. And finally, never, ever put your social security number or insurance member number into your ICE Contact. You may put the name of your insurance company and their customer service number in if you like, but as long as your emergency contact comes to the hospital and can provide that information, it’s probably not necessary.
And there you have it. One fully loaded ICE Contact. Two Minutes.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our other posts like How To Put and ICE Contact On Your Samsung Galaxy to learn EVERYTHING you need to know about ICEing your phone.
Have Fun Getting Your Stuff Together! We’ll talk later…
More Amazing Things You Can Do In 5 Minutes Or Less
Connected The Book Inspired By The Blog.
What if I told you, there was one thing that you own and probably have with you right now, that can give you the support, information & ability you need to keep everyone and everything you love safe and sound, PLUS the power to gather your family in seconds no matter where they are. What is it? It’s your smartphone! Introducing Connected, an easy to read, easy to use guide that gives you everything you need to turn your smartphone into your very own life preserver. Purchase Connected @ Amazon.com